Thursday, November 26, 2009

Family - and history.

There are things you discover as you travel the path of life... and among them are old photos.

Despite the fact that these pictures have been around for close to eighty years I have no recollection of seeing any of them. My father and his older sister are the children in the photo at left. I assume it was taken mid to late 1927.

In looking back into the past I discovered where my middle name came from. Maybe the information had been shared before, but now there is reason to remember. I have become the proud owner (or is that trustee) of a chair that once belonged to my great-great grandfather.

And then there is this posed photograph of mother - looking decidedly younger in this studio portrait.

But wait...there's more, but those other pictures are not going to appear here - at least not yet!

No comments: